Business areasAccounting / Finance & Banking / Insurance
Type of ContractCDI
Sofitex Talent Recruitment
Fort d'une expérience de plus de 30 ans dans les Ressources Humaines, Sofitex est un réseau international de Travail Temporaire et de Placement en CDI. Sofitex fonde sa dynamique et son succès sur le professionnalisme de ses équipes, sa forte réactivité et sa proximité.
For one of our clients, Sofitex Talent is currently looking for an
IFRS Accountant German-English (M/F)
The IFRS Accountant will work with the wider Finance team to ensure financial reporting accuracy and contribute to an effective internal control environment. The role will support broad company initiatives and interact with key internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain accurate financial records and ensure financial information is recorded and communicated in a timely and precise manner
- Work under limited supervision, both independently and within a team environment
- Frequent contact with internal stakeholders, external 3rd party vendors and customers
- Responsible for keeping financial records for multiple group companies and overseeing quality of work of junior AP accountants.
- Reviewing supplier invoices booked by junior AP accountants
- Preparing assets, liabilities, and capital accounting entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Translating client contracts into ERP system set up
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data
- Substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Reviewing vendor onboarding requests
- Scheduling payment runs and preparing payments
- Ensuring vendors are paid in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring credit is received for outstanding credit notes
- Providing guidelines to junior staff members
- Review Opex purchase requisitions, ensuring any spend outside of budget is justified and authorized
- Liaising with local fiduciaries responsible for local VAT/tax matters
- Maintain schedule of accounts filing, VAT returns & other statutory deadlines
- Liaising with external auditors
- Continuing to improve AP process
- Degree in Accounting required
- 5 years experience in a similar role is required
- Advanced knowledge and experience in IFRS is necessary, German GAAP is preferred
- English & German mandatory, French is preferred
- high degree of attention to detail is essential
- strong communication skills (vendor relationship, fiduciary relationship)
- ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Works effectively in collaboration cross-functionally to achieve shared goals and deliver business objectives
This is a great opportunity to join one of our clients located in Howald for a temp to perm contract (or permanent contract directly - depending on experience )
Apply for this job
In accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data, you have the right to access, rectify, delete and oppose for legitimate reasons, by sending your email with an identity document to email@example.com.